Marketing at Literary Review
Literary Review is looking for a marketing assistant to join the small, motivated office in the heart of Soho. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of books and literary journalism, and be keen to increase awareness of the magazine among new audiences.
The candidate will take responsibility for marketing and subscriptions growth and will be pro-active and enthusiastic. There is a lot of scope to shape the role according to the preferred candidate’s own ideas. The position includes but is not limited to:
– driving subscriptions through advertising, social media, Literary Review’s newsletter and more
– maintaining and growing the magazine’s relationships with literary festivals and developing new creative partnerships
– finding innovative ways to share Literary Review’s brand with new audiences
– taking a lead role in improving distribution of the magazine
– liaising with bookshops and the newsstand to increase visibility of Literary Review
The position is a part-time role and does not include work in the editorial department. Salary dependent on experience.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Work experience at Literary Review
The magazine offers one- and two-week unpaid work experience placements. Successful applicants will gain an insight into the editorial cycle of Literary Review, and will have the opportunity, working in a small office, to contribute to many aspects of the magazine’s production as well as to marketing efforts. They are expected to have a rigorous work ethic and a lively interest in contemporary non-fiction and fiction. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, fact-checking, picture research, organising the slush pile, updating the website, updating social media, assisting with marketing campaigns and performing a range of administrative tasks.
To apply, send a CV, covering letter and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org